Need new DOI for back issues before IJRSE Migrated?

Dear Sally,

Following up on Gorky’s earlier queries, we wanted to gain clarity on the process involving the articles previously published by RSF. Is it imperative for us to unpublish these articles and then republish them with the UT DOI? We’re keen to ensure that the transition is as seamless as possible for the authors and that they don’t face any complications with the previously issued RSF DOI.

Looking forward to your guidance on this.

Warm regards,
Udan

Hi Udan

Thank you for your message regarding the transfer of ownership of the International Journal on Research in STEM Education (ISSN: 2721-3242) in the Crossref system from 10.31098 (Research Synergy Foundation) to 10.33830 (Universitas Terbuka).

Note that the process of transferring a title from one Crossref DOI prefix to another (in this case from the Research Synergy Foundation prefix to the Universitas Terbuka prefix) does not require any action on your part in terms of unpublishing/republishing articles. In fact, it’s very important that the original DOIs registered under the disposing publisher’s prefix (10.31098) remain unchanged and are not replaced with new DOIs under the acquiring publisher’s prefix (10.33830).

Transferring ownership of a title from one publisher to another within the Crossref system gives the acquiring publisher ownership of the title, together with control of its existing DOIs. This means that the acquiring publisher (Universitas Terbuka) will be able to:

a) register brand new DOIs for new content published in the International Journal on Research in STEM Education under its own DOI prefix (10.33830);

and

b) update the metadata associated with the journal’s existing DOIs under prefix 10.31098, originally registered by the disposing publisher (Research Synergy Foundation).

All existing DOIs should remain unchanged and will continue to work exactly as they did prior to the title transfer - the only difference post-transfer is that the acquiring publisher has the ability to update the metadata associated with these existing DOIs, in order to steward these existing DOIs effectively into the future.

I hope this helps, but I’ll reach out to you by email with further details, too.

Best wishes

Sal

1 Like

Dear Sal,

Thank you for your clear and detailed explanation regarding the transfer of ownership of the International Journal on Research in STEM Education in the Crossref system. Your insights make the process a lot clearer, and I’m glad to know that the original DOIs registered under the disposing publisher’s prefix (10.31098) will remain unchanged. It’s reassuring to know that all existing DOIs will continue to function as before and that Universitas Terbuka will now have the ability to update the metadata associated with these existing DOIs.

I will await the further details you mentioned you’d be sending by email. Please let me know if there’s anything you need from my end in the interim.

Thank you once again for your assistance in this matter.

Best regards,

Udan

1 Like

how to do crossmark article of a journal

Hi there

Thank you for your enquiry regarding our Crossmark service. There are several steps involved in implementing this service, which are outlined on our website here.

Should you need assistance in getting started with Crossmark, please reach out to our Support Team at support@crossref.org for guidance.

Best wishes

Sal

1 Like