Crossref metadata manager: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'status')

Hello Everyone!

The error: “Error retrieving or reading publication (our DOI record): TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ‘status’)” has been showing up for us since 10/17/2022.

We managed to log into the system, add the new DOI information, but when we try to save as a draft, or deposit, the system goes back to the login home page and this error appears :face_holding_back_tears::confounded:

We were waiting a few days to get in touch here on the Forum, but so far it’s been like this.

Thanks in advance
Ayla

1 Like

Hi @AylaDendasck ,

Thanks for your message. What is your DOI prefix and/or Crossref username? This is a fairly common error in Metadata Manager. It likely means there is a bad character somewhere in your metadata record. If you can provide me with details on your account, I can take a closer look.

Thanks in advance,
Isaac

1 Like

HI @ifarley ,

Thanks for replying

Sure! Our Crossref username is: cientif

Thanks again,
Ayla

Hi @AylaDendasck ,

I see the issue here. Your depositor rights were suspended at your sponsor’s request on 2022-October-14. That’s why you are now receiving errors. You’ll need to work with ABEC to get this resolved.

My best,
Isaac

1 Like

Hi @ifarley,

Thank you so much for checking the internal system. I have already contacted ABEC.

Thanks for the assistance,
Ayla

1 Like