XML for a supplement of a volume

Hello,
how to add a supplement of a volume of a journal to the XML file?
I know how to deposit XML of an ordinary article. Now I need to deposit XML that is virtually the same as an article, but it is called supplement, because it has its own numbering of pages since the page 1.
Author (2021). Title. Journal, volume 20(suppl. 1): pages 1-37.

This schema is a bit difficult to uderstand:
https://0-data-crossref-org.libus.csd.mu.edu/reports/help/schema_doc/4.3.6/JATS1.html#supplement

Could you provide an example, please?

1 Like

Hi @michal.manas,

Thanks for your message, and welcome to the community forum. We appreciate you posting your message here for all to benefit from.

Is the supplement considered supplementary materials associated with a journal article or set of journal articles?

If so, we’d recommend that you register the supplement as a component and link to its parent (article) DOI or DOIs, as in the documentation and XML example here: Components - Crossref

If that doesn’t quite capture your scenario here, if you can give me more information or possible link to your supplement that might help me guide you.

Thank you,
Isaac

Thank you @ifarley .
My supplement is not associated with articles.
The only parent is the volume of the journal.

It is scenario 2 from

that states:

A supplement to a volume of a journal not associated with a specific issue. In this case, simply put in the volume number and then “Suppl.” followed by the number of the supplement.

Rogers, J. W., Kinner, R. L., & Weis, V. (2013).The architecture of the gravitational lens. Astronomicity,16(Suppl. 2), 170-192.

2 Likes

Hi @michal.manas,

I would recommend that you register the metadata at the issue-level like this for your example:

<journal_issue>
<publication_date>
<year>2021</year>
</publication_date>
<journal_volume>
<volume>20</volume>
</journal_volume>
<issue>S1</issue>
</journal_issue>
1 Like

Excellent! Thank you very much.

1 Like