Shall I include DOI in my landing page when registering item

Hi,
I am new to DOI and Cross Ref, and I have a fundamental question about registering item.

According the display guideline of CrossRef, we have to display our DOI URL clearly on our landing page.

And according to the guideline of use of web deposit form, we have to provide the DOI URL, as well as landing page URL, when we do the application. Please correct me if I am wrong.

However, by the time we apply for a registration of an item for DOI, the DOI URL has not been approved, and so the DOI URL is not a valid one.
So, by the time I apply for a registration of an item, should I include the DOI URL in the landing page?

I am not sure if I understand the process correctly. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,
Zavier Chan

Hello @zavier.chan,

Many thanks for your post.

This can be the difficulty but we would suggest that you get the landing page ready to be made live and once that is made live then you can add the DOI via the web deposit form straight after. Or you can do it the other way around but try to keep the time to as small as possible. Whichever stage you think would be the quickest you can do that stage last to try and reduce the time.

We do understand that is always likely to be some time where one is up without the other but appreciate our members trying to keep this time as small as they.

I hope this helps and if you have any further question or queries on this then please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Many thanks,
Paul