Missing mime type

I am missing audio/wav in mime types in common5.3.0 / 5.3.1
We need to register components of that type.

1 Like

Hi @hbarkmann,

How about audio/x-wav instead?

https://0-data-crossref-org.libus.csd.mu.edu/reports/help/schema_doc/5.3.1/common5_3_1_xsd.html#mime_type.atts

-Isaac

I am creating the XML on a windows maschine using .NET technology.
To set the mime type for the component ā€œformatā€ value I call a .NET function and receive audio/wav as mime type from the system. There is obviously some mix up going on with these two mime types, see:

It would be very helpful if audio/wav is in the list of accepted types along with audio/x-wav.
Herbert

Hi Herbert,
Unfortunately we arenā€™t easily able to update our support for new mime types - it requires updating our input schema and migrating to a new schema version. I will try to get this change made in an upcoming update but it wonā€™t happen any time soon.

We donā€™t get many requests for new mime/media types, but since we ask for this metadata, we should be able to support what you need to send us. Iā€™ve created a user story to look at this issue overall in more detail: As a Crossref member I want up to date mime/media types to be supported in Crossref metadata (#671) Ā· Issues Ā· crossref / User stories Ā· GitLab but will also try to do a quick update to include audio/wav.

Iā€™m sorry we donā€™t have a better solution for now, but weā€™ll try to get this updated.

1 Like